We don't have an applicant shortage problem!
We have an employer-not-taking-advantage-of-opportunities problem. π±
Over and over again I hear:
"ππͺπ³ π¬π°Μπ―π―π¦π― π₯πͺπ¦π΄π¦ ππ΅π¦πππ¦ π¦πͺπ―π§π’π€π© π―πͺπ€π©π΅ π£π¦π΄π¦π΅π»π¦π―!"
Yes and then comes:
- πΈ So it must not cost much.
- π He must be able to do everything and much more
- πΆ She must not be too young
- π΄ Too old please also not
- β²οΈ We are super flexible, but actually not
- π€ Our application process takes 4 months
- π€ All bosses have to be involved in the decision making process
- π Everything about requirements is a must-have
- π₯ We still need a comparison
- π€·ββοΈ WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT WE WANT
It is not because of the applicants but maybe possibly because of the companies that there are not so many interested people in the end!
Dear companies, you must please rethink and act. Stop complaining.
Because the lack of applicants is often homemade.